My first beauty subscription box of 2019 arrived. Let me tell you, this one didn’t disappoint! I can only hope that all of my subscription boxes for the year will be as good as the January BoxyCharm. The theme of this month’s box is Boxy and Chill. I guess I’m over the hill because I’m not exactly sure what that is supposed to mean. LOL!
Let’s talk about the BoxyCharm subscription program for just a moment. Each box costs $21.00 (shipping included in contiguous US only) and contains 4-5 full size beauty products valued at over $100. If you subscribe to more than one box at a time and prepay, the cost goes down, which is nice. You can see a previous month’s box in this post.
After seeing other people posting pictures of their unboxing this month, I saw that some people have a few different items in theirs. This makes me think that there is a slight personalization to these boxes. With that being said, let’s take a peek at what was in my January BoxyCharm box…
- Briogeo Roscaro Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray (2 oz size) – This product is formulated to restore hair’s softness, manageability, moisture and shine. It’s quite popular in beauty subscription boxes, therefore I have several of them in my collection. They’re especially nice for travel. Retail value $12
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Face Masks (2 pack) – You know that I’m all about my anti-aging skincare. These masks are a blend of rice germ oil, vitamin E, essential fatty acids and highly concentrated botanical oils and extracts. They’re supposed to give an instant glow by helping to restore the skin’s health and radiance. I can’t wait to give them a try. Retail value $24
- Billion Dollar Brows Universal Brow Pencil – Even though I had my brows microbladed just over a year ago, it’s nice to have a high quality brow pencil on hand. This one is self-sharpening, which is nice and comes with a spoolie on one end. It has a smooth and creamy texture for easy application and matches most skin tones and brow colors. Retail value $18
- Tarte Limited Edition Rainforest of the Sea Highlighting Eyeshadow Palette Volume III – This palette has my name written all over it! You know I love my neutral eyeshadow looks, so this gorgeous palette will be used frequently. The palette has seven highly reflective plush microshimmers and one matte nude shade. These vegan shadows are longwear, blendable and are enriched with vitamin E and antioxidants to help hydrate and protect the lids. Retail value $36
- OFRA Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick – This is a matte liquid lipstick that is long-lasting and highly pigmented with minimal transfer. I have a swatch for you below because the shade looks much darker in its packaging vs the actual color. I prefer to sheer this out and use it more as a stain because the color scares me a little and makes me uncomfortable full-on. The formula is infused with vitamin A and antioxidants to keep lips healthy. Retail value $20
Overall, I thought this month’s box was pretty spectacular. I will use everything, which makes the box worth it for me. I paid $21 (which included shipping) and the retail value of the box is $110. You can check out BoxyCharm’s website for more info.
Tell me what you think of the January BoxyCharm in the comments below. If you get this subscription box too, let me know if your contents were the same or different.
You can shop these products now (affiliate links)
Indeed a good month. I like that Briogeo leave-in!
I have been getting Boxycharm for years and love it. I’ve already gotten that Tarte palette so I hope that my subscription is different. I’d like to try the Tatcha though since it gets so much love.
Miranda Mendelson says
The tarte palette!!! Boxycharm is one of the few subscriptions that really kill it box after box.
Jen Mathews says
I got a really good one this month too! Some of my products were different but perfect for me! 🙂
Jess Scull says
Such an incredible box this month! Love that Tarte palette
Lola Seicento says
What a great month! That Tarte Palette is really pretty!
The lip color is stunning!
Courtney recently posted…Saucebox Secret Garden Palette Tutorial
Lynne B says
Boxy Charm is one of the sub boxes I’d ty because of the full size products. This month contains some really awesome products which, I agree, make it a winner.