Happy National Winter Skin Relief Day! I bet you didn’t even know that there was such a day. Neither did I! However, in celebration of this new “holiday” I thought I’d share some products and tips to help you banish your dry, dehydrated, flakey winter skin.
Due to the cold air outside and the heat indoors, winter can wreak havoc on our skin causing it to be dry, red, flakey and chapped. Investing in a good humidifier would be my first suggestion. This will help to hydrate your skin while indoors (at least while you’re at home). If you suffer extensively and work outside the home for extended hours, I’d recommend getting one at your workplace as well. In addition, make sure that you’re drinking at least 6-8 glasses of water a day. This helps to keep the skin plumped up and moisturized from the inside.
By using some of the products below, you can prevent dryness, protect your skin and treat it as well. You can use the specific products listed or use similar ones that you may already have. Staying ahead of dry skin is the key, so make these changes and keep your skin happy.
Product recommendations for dry skin relief:
Face Moisturizing Products
- KORRES Wild Rose Smoothie Brightening Priming Moisturizer: The ultimate way to lock in hydration before applying your makeup. This all-in-one perfecting makeup primer, moisturizer and skin brightener leaves skin hydrated and glowing, and prepped for all-day makeup wear.
- Osmosis Pur Medical Skincare has an entire line of products dedicated to dry skin. They call it the Moisturizing Collection and it will quickly whip your extra dry skin into shape. You can read my full review in this blog post.
- bareMinerals SkinLongevity collection is a new favorite for me. I especially LOVE the face moisturizer with broad spectrum spf because I’m all about multi-tasking. The moisturizers are a unique blend of botanical ingredients in a creamy gel formula that instantly absorb into the skin.
- CeraVe is another drugstore brand that has beneficial ingredients to help get your skin through the winter months. CeraVe’s complete line of advanced skincare product contain an exclusive combination of ceramides 1, 3 and 6-11 to keep moisture in and irritants out. See more about the brand on my post from last year’s Winter Skin Relief Day.
- IOPE Super Vital Cream Bio Excellence Rich: This rich, concentrated formula deeply nourishes skin for long-lasting effects while alleviating dryness and brightening the complexion. It contains BIO Glycan™ technology. This cream hydrates dull skin while effectively reducing visible signs of aging.
Body Moisturizing Products
- We’ve talked about moisturizing our faces, so now let’s talk about hydration for the skin on the body. It’s best to put on moisturizer when skin is still wet from the shower or bath. Curél Hydra Therapy Itch Defense Wet Skin Moisturizer is a great choice. When your skin is still wet it is most receptive to hydration. The application to wet skin allows the formula to penetrate deep into the skin’s surface delivering proven itch soothing ingredients like Vitamin E & Oatmeal Extract to the source of dryness.
- Miss Bud’s Hemp Body Butter will keep your skin moisturized while discovering the incredible skincare benefits of pure hemp seed oil. This coconut-scented quick absorbing Hemp Seed Oil formula deeply penetrates the skin to provide long-lasting hydration.
- IMAGE VITAL C hydrating hand and body lotion features four highly active forms of vitamin C. This luxurious moisturizer uses anti-aging ingredients that are often reserved just for the face. This lotion goes beyond hydration to treat telltale signs of aging on the body.
Tonya Parker says
Dry skin (on my body) is a huge winter concern for me. I’m really intrigued by the Image Vital!
I love that it has vitamin C in it! Look at the link to see more information about the lotion. Stacie xo
Stacie recently posted…National Winter Skin Relief Day
Lola Seicento says
Great picks for dry skin. This certainly is the season for it! I have ben using lots of rich oils, body butters and creams from head to toe to get through this dry and cold weather!
Great picks. I’ve started using the Image hand and body cream on my hands and I’m so happy I have it. CeraVe is always a great line.
MarciaF recently posted…Jeepers! It’s January! Blog hop giveaway
Cindy Ingalls says
I love the Osmosis line! I went through the entire tub of cleansing balm–SO good!
Cindy Ingalls recently posted…New! Pixi Glow Cakes!
Never Say Die Beauty says
I didn’t know there was such a day either! On days when my skin gets really dry, I will layer a body mousse or body butter over body oil. Same with my face at night. It feels so good!
Never Say Die Beauty recently posted…LOTD featuring Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Duochrome “Orion” & Tarte Maneater Mascara
Dry skin care is my year round focus and I’ll dive into anything that promises hydration.
Dry Skin is what I deal with year round on my face. Glad my body is more normal!
Courtney recently posted…A Visit to Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo
Great picks! I actually have been looking for a new face moisturizer! I am going to check out a couple of your recommendations!
I deal with dry skin all year long but especially in the winter. I would love to give the IMAGE VITAL C hydrating hand and body lotion a try!
Amy Coose says
I use CeraVe, but my skin is still super dry in the winter. I’m going to try out some of these brands.
Lynne B says
For my body, I use Cetaphil cream and add a little urea. That keeps my alligator skin at bay. I’ve been using Cerave Skin Renewing Line for my face for about a year now. All the ceramides really help my post-menopausal flaky skin. I’m going to try the Cerave PM Night Cream next.