I am trying so hard to get back into healthy eating habits. I’d fallen off the wagon for the past year or more. I feel like I have to be completely in the right frame of mind to eat on the healthier side and I just wasn’t at that place in my life ever since my mom passed away. I’m turning the big 50 next month and I’ve made a promise to myself to make this year the best one yet.
This past week I decided to join Weight Watchers online program. I signed up for 3 months. Many years ago I lost weight using their program and adopted their techniques into my healthy lifestyle. Ever since that time, when I gain a few pounds I simply use the things that I learned to get me back to my desired weight. I’d like to share a few things that I do to achieve my personal weight loss goals. These are just good habits to have regardless of the diet plan you are on.
- I write everything that I eat down on paper. Actually, I’m using the Weight Watchers app on my phone to do this since technology is such a wonderful thing.
- I make sure that I have healthy snacks on hand at all times so that I don’t seek out high calorie snacks when I’m hungry.
- I walk. Yes walking is my favorite form of physical activity. Walking is easy to do and it burns calories. I have my Fitbit and try to remember to put it on every day. If you want to be friends my email on Fitbit is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I get involved in the online message boards because it helps to have others for support.
- I drink a lot of water and unsweetened iced green tea.
- I increase my intake of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- I indulge in dessert a few times a week trying to keep it within limits. I’m not going to go overboard and ruin a whole week’s worth of healthy eating with a single dessert.
- I get inspiration for healthy recipes on Pinterest and other social media sites.
- I keep it real. I don’t beat myself up every minute of every day obsessing over weight loss. I just choose a healthy lifestyle 90% of the time and know that everything else should fall in place.
What do you do to stay healthy? Do you have a specific diet plan that you try to follow?
*This is not a sponsored post. I am not affiliated with Weight Watchers in any way.