I am trying so hard to get back into healthy eating habits. I’d fallen off the wagon for the past year or more. I feel like I have to be completely in the right frame of mind to eat on the healthier side and I just wasn’t at that place in my life ever since my mom passed away. I’m turning the big 50 next month and I’ve made a promise to myself to make this year the best one yet.
This past week I decided to join Weight Watchers online program. I signed up for 3 months. Many years ago I lost weight using their program and adopted their techniques into my healthy lifestyle. Ever since that time, when I gain a few pounds I simply use the things that I learned to get me back to my desired weight. I’d like to share a few things that I do to achieve my personal weight loss goals. These are just good habits to have regardless of the diet plan you are on.
- I write everything that I eat down on paper. Actually, I’m using the Weight Watchers app on my phone to do this since technology is such a wonderful thing.
- I make sure that I have healthy snacks on hand at all times so that I don’t seek out high calorie snacks when I’m hungry.
- I walk. Yes walking is my favorite form of physical activity. Walking is easy to do and it burns calories. I have my Fitbit and try to remember to put it on every day.
- I get involved in the online message boards because it helps to have others for support.
- I drink a lot of water and unsweetened iced green tea.
- I increase my intake of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- I indulge in dessert a few times a week trying to keep it within limits. I’m not going to go overboard and ruin a whole week’s worth of healthy eating with a single dessert.
- I get inspiration for healthy recipes on Pinterest and other social media sites.
- I keep it real. I don’t beat myself up every minute of every day obsessing over weight loss. I just choose a healthy lifestyle 90% of the time and know that everything else should fall in place.
What do you do to stay healthy? Do you have a specific diet plan that you try to follow?
*This is not a sponsored post. I am not affiliated with Weight Watchers in any way.
I have that milestone birthday in March! My goal is to try to build more muscle and tone up. I’ve noticed since around my mid-40s that gravity is taking it’s toll on my body and things that I never thought would jiggle are indeed jiggling! Good luck with your goal!
Oh, I’m right there with you on the jiggle!! Good luck with your goals too! Are you doing anything special to celebrate your milestone birthday? Stacie xo
I am also trying to get back on the path to eating healthier. I have packed on a few pounds and it’s in all the wrong places. I think we both will do it!
Dulce Gonzalez says
I’ve been wanting to loose weight for a long time now, but it seems i can never find enough motivation. I’m so stressed about all the things i have to do most of the times i end doing nothing, working out being one of them. Also, i hate healthy food so it’s really hard for me not to fall back in the habit. I’ll try this tips and hope i can finally get into a healthy routine so i can reach my desired weight. Thank you very much.
Yes! Thanks for sharing such a informative information to stay healthy and fitness