Who else loves a nice relaxing soak in the tub? I think most people are “Team Bath” or “Team Shower.” I’m personally Team Bath all the way! Nothing beats a long soak in a tub filled with fragrances that are relaxing or comforting to your particular taste. My preference has always been sweet foodie types of scents. Florals and strong scents tend to give me a headache, so I try to avoid those. Anything with sweet almond oil as the main note is probably the biggest hit with me. This is why I’m here today to walk you through the steps in making DIY sweet almond oil bath bombs. I promise that you’ll be hooked on these too if you give them a try. With these easy to follow instructions, you’ll be making bath bombs for yourself and for gifts in no time!
Most of the ingredients used to make bath bombs can already be found in your home. You can find the few extras on Amazon or at a local craft type of store. I have a few links below in case you need to make a purchase or two.
Supplies/Ingredients for DIY Sweet Almond Oil Bath Bombs:
● Large bowl
● Measuring cups
● Measuring spoons
● Small jar with lid
● Bath bomb molds
1. Combine dry ingredients (epsom salt, baking soda, citric acid, and corn starch) in a large bowl. Mix very well, using the whisk, until all ingredients are fully combined.
2. Add mica powder, stir well until color is blended.
3. Add liquid ingredients into a small jar, screw the lid on, and shake very well until combined.
4. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture very slowly, drop by drop, while whisking. If you do not
do this slowly, or don’t whisk while adding the liquid, you will activate the “fizz”, and will have to
start from scratch.
5. Once liquid has been added, whisk very well, until you have a mixture the texture of damp sand.
6. Stuff each half of the mold with mixture, secure the two halves, and twist slightly, dusting off any excess mixture. Let them set for about 24 hours to allow the bath bombs to harden.
8. To remove from mold, twist slightly. Toss in your bath and enjoy!!
What I love about homemade bath bombs is that you can use any color mica powder to personalize them however you want. Make them your favorite color or a color to match a certain holiday or occasion. In addition, you can use whatever scent you like when making bath bombs by changing up the essential oils to your preference. Lastly, you can use any shape you want to make bath bombs. You just use the mold you want. This can be fun for different holidays and occasions as well.
Most importantly, have fun when you make your bath bombs and enjoy soaking in the tub for the ultimate in relaxation.
*Affiliate links may be used in my posts. When you use my links I earn a very small commission. I appreciate your support of my blog!