Do you have an attic or garage filled with items that you no longer use? Welcome to my world. I tend to hoard items and keep them even when I don’t need them. I moved to a new house last year and thought I did a pretty good job of getting rid of items that had been stored in the attics and closets for years that I no longer wanted. However, I keep discovering items that I overlooked or wasn’t ready to part with at the time.
I was watching television recently and saw a segment on a news program about a woman who was using an app on her phone to sell some of the clutter in her home. She made some extra money selling items she no longer needed. The app that I’m talking about is called VarageSale. It’s a virtual garage sale app that is so easy to use. You can list items that you’d like to sell and your neighbors can purchase them. You can watch my video about the app HERE.
Interesting facts about VarageSale:
- VarageSale is like a virtual garage sale on your phone.
- It’s a free marketplace app that allows families to buy and sell pre-loved items with their neighbors.
- 90% of their members are women.
- They also have a huge user base of moms who use this platform to sell and buy kids’ stuff.
- They have also seen a rise in mom entrepreneur selling their crafts on the app as well.
The VarageSale app uses Facebook to get your bio when you sign up. This helps to ease your mind about the people who may be wanting to purchase from you. You’ll know who the buyers are, where they’re from and if you have mutual friends.
- Simply download the version that is appropriate for your phone.
- Sign up to get an account. Once a community administrator approves your account, you’re ready to sell.
- Take pictures of the items you’d like to sell along with your listing price.
- Reply when someone inquires on your items.
- Set up a place and time to meet for the transaction.
For more information you can go to the VarageSale website.
What are you waiting for? Download the app now and get some extra money in your pocket today. Be sure to share with your friends so they can get extra cash for their goods too!
*This is a sponsored post. All text is my own and is not influenced by anyone else. I really do use this phone app to earn extra money and you can too! Links are for your convenience and are NOT affiliate links.