Welcome to the future of skincare! Who doesn’t like things personalized for their needs? Whether it’s makeup, tailored clothing and in this case, skincare formulated especially for you, personalization appears to be the direction of some skincare companies. Imagine it like this, just like if you have a cold with a fever, but no cough or congestion, would you use a product with added ingredients that you don’t need? Or would you choose products that address your specific concerns… That’s how personalized skincare works.
Most companies, when personalizing their skincare products for their clients, will begin by either having you submit a selfie, stop at an in-store station, use a face scanner, answer a simple quiz or undergo epigenetic testing in order to determine which approach would benefit you the most. When using a quiz, it’s a great way to personalize your skincare for not only your individual type, but it’s also a great approach to keep up with your skin’s needs and concerns.
I’ve used a personalized skincare product from the brand Curology in the past. I loved using their product. It was a single product made up of 3 ingredients to target my specific skin concerns. My particular concerns are fine lines, dark spots and large pores. Therefore, my product contained Tretinoin, Niacinamide and Tranexamic Acid. The product worked great at addressing my problems. You can read more about how Curology works in my previous post.
Another brand that I’ve heard of, but haven’t tried yet is Proven Skincare. For their program you get a custom-made cleanser, a day moisturizer SPF, and night cream crafted based on an in-depth individual skin analysis. I like their approach and positive reviews.
I’ve tried the
If you do a search on the internet, you can find these personalized skincare programs along with many others. Additional options are added all the time, especially with the Covid-19 pandemic keeping us home and not in stores or at the dermatologist ‘s office.
Some questions that you should be prepared to answer when taking some of the online quizzes for personalized skincare…
- What are your skin goals? If you want to reach that goal, you need to know what you’re looking to achieve…addressing problems, preventing premature aging or simply looking to create healthier looking skin.
- What age range are you in? This question is asked due to the fact that our skin changes throughout our life and we have different concerns and needs at each stage.
- What’s your skin type? How does your skin feel every morning and hours after moisturizing? When exposed to a couple hours in the sun without the protection of sunscreen, what typically happens to your skin?
- Do you have any skin concerns? Uneven skin, acne, wrinkles, clogged pores…
- Is there a current regimen you follow regularly? What types of products do you use?
With the future of skincare having a personalized approach, it’s advised you do your research on ingredients and what skin issues they treat. Your products will have ingredients that experts feel will improve the health of your skin, addressing your individual needs. When looking into personalized skincare, you’re not getting “one size fits all” formulas. Our skin is unique and so should be our skincare. It’s really about finding what’s right for you!
Let me know if you’ve tried any of the personalized skincare programs that I’ve talked about above. And just as important, would you recommend them to others?