By now, we’ve all seen countless makeup tutorials that show how makeup can completely transform a face. Unfortunately, most of these tricks can not only be difficult to replicate, but are also time consuming. If you are looking to frame your facial features in a quick and simple way in your daily routine, you have come to the right place!
Whether you love lipstick and are searching for a way to perfect your pout, or you are a brow fanatic looking to give celebrities a run for their money, there are plenty of tricks that can complement the area of your choosing. Let’s review various face makeup application techniques you can use to define your best features.
The eyes are one of the most focused on areas in makeup and for good reason. It is a feature that is generally noticed first on your face. There are plenty of techniques as well as a million colors you can choose from to highlight this feature.
• Winged liquid eyeliner, can help make your eyes appear bigger.
• Choosing colors that make your eyes pop is key. Brown eyes are complimented by warm and earthy tones, while lighter eyes look best with grey, oranges, and cool browns.
• Smokey eyes can best highlight this feature for and evening look.
• Eye makeup should not be overpowered by bold lips. Makeup is all about balance. If you do a daring shadow, tone down other makeup around your face.
• If you wear glasses make sure you don’t use anything that smudges or stains too badly. And with fashionable options like Marvel Optics, you can have a ready-made eye frame without all the liners and shadows.
Brows are a simple way to completely transform your look and frame both your eyes and entire face.
• Simple or bold looks on your brows can be an accent, but make sure they don’t look too stenciled in.
• For natural looking brows, use two different colors. The lighter color should be used on the inside where your brow starts, while the darker color can highlight the arch.
• To complete the look, use an eye shadow that is champagne or gold to highlight underneath the brown bone.
Lips can make or break your look. Either way, it is a feature many women love to accentuate. This is the finishing touch to your makeup routine, and can complement the other colors you choose in your outfit and makeup.
• To prevent smudging, use a lip liner and fill in the entire lip prior to adding any color. Make sure the liner color is not drastically different from the color you wish to use.
• Choose a blush and lip color that are similar except in the case of red lips. No one wants to see bright red cheeks.
• If your lips are the area of focus, make sure that your eye makeup is more neutral and subtle. One should not overpower the other.
• A matte or gloss finish can enhance the lips significantly. If you choose to combine the two, it can create an even plumper look.
The easiest way to highlight your cheeks is through contouring. This doesn’t mean you have to draw fancy lines and dots all over your face to achieve the perfect look. It could be as simple as gathering the right makeup brushes and differentiating between colors.
• The best way to highlight your cheekbones is by using a darker color on the hollows of your cheeks.
• Blush should be buffed in, not simply left on our mothers used to do. The apples of your cheeks should have a glow and give the face dimension.
• Using a combination of contouring and blush can make your cheeks standout.
Makeup is essential to frame your face and complete your look. Use these ideas to highlight and draw attention to some of your best features.
Do you have any makeup tricks that you use on a daily basis?
Today’s post was written by Brooke Chaplan, a freelance writer and blogger. She lives and works out of her home in Los Lunas, New Mexico. She loves the outdoors and spends most her time hiking, biking and gardening. For more information contact Brooke via Twitter @BrookeChaplan.