I was sponsored to write this post on behalf of Weight Watchers. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SmarterTreats #CollectiveBias
I don’t know about you, but the cooler fall weather is getting me excited for the holidays. I like to have healthy choices in appetizers and snacks available for my guests. Whether I’m making a snack for watching football games or celebrating the holidays, I have a few “go to” recipes that I like to prepare. Nowadays my Spinach and Artichoke Dip is sort of expected at holiday gatherings. I prefer to lighten my recipe (shhhh!) without sacrificing the taste so that everyone can indulge and enjoy themselves.
I recently went to Walmart and picked up the ingredients for this amazing dip, including several that are Weight Watchers® endorsed. If you don’t already know, I’m actually a lifetime member of the Weight Watchers program. When I was 38 years old and about to turn 39 I decided to get myself in shape so that I’d be ready for my 40’s feeling happy with my weight and my appearance. I started walking a few miles each day and following the Weight Watchers plan. It’s a healthy living plan that I continue to use on a daily basis.
I want to share my easy Spinach and Artichoke dip recipe with you so that you have a light version of a delicious appetizer when entertaining family and friends this holiday season.
- 1 can of Artichoke Hearts (drain the excess water and press each one)
- 1 jar of Hellmann’s Light mayonnaise
- 10 ounces grated parmesan cheese (there is also a reduced fat version available)
- 1 package of frozen chopped spinach
- 1 bread bowl
- assorted raw vegetables for dipping
- Pocket Thins Flatbread (sliced and toasted)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- after preparing your artichoke hearts, place them in a food processor, chopper or cut them into very small pieces with a knife
- combine chopped artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, and parmesan cheese
- drain frozen spinach and press out excess water, then fold into the above mixture
- hollow out a bread bowl – I prefer to use a bread bowl rather than a baking dish because the bread absorbs the excess oil from the dip
- scoop the dip into the bread bowl
- wrap in foil and bake for 30 minutes
- after 30 minutes uncover the dip/bowl so that the top can brown for approximately 15 minutes
- serve with toasted Pocket Thins Flatbread, raw vegetables, tortilla chips or crackers
This recipe is easy and fast to prepare. You can quickly gather and prepare the ingredients, then do other tasks while the dip is baking. If you want to spice it up you can add some chopped jalapeno peppers. At only 2 points per serving, this appetizer is sure to be a hit with your guests.
Walmart will be conducting Weight Watchers demos of their delicious products and recipes on the following dates. Please click HERE to find a location near you.
- 10/29/15 Thursday 12:30-7:00pm
- 10/30/15 Friday 12:30-7:00pm
- 10/31/15 Saturday 10:00-4:30pm
- 11/1/15 Sunday 12:30-7:00pm
Be sure to check out more delicious Weight Watchers recipes HERE. Let me know if you have a favorite to share.