I love to see what people get in their beauty subscription boxes as much as I enjoy sharing the contents of what was in mine. This post is all about the June BeautyFIX box from Dermstore. I received this month’s box a few weeks ago and immediately tore it open to reveal the contents. This is only my second box from them and I was slightly disappointed when I saw the contents. There were six sample size products right before my eyes. I don’t sign up for these boxes and pay good money for sample size products.
A little background on the BeautyFIX box… These are monthly subscription boxes that cost $24.95 per month if you sign up for a subscription. If you prefer to pick and choose which boxes you purchase as a “one time” thing, then the cost is $34.95 per box featuring full and travel-size products worth at least $100. You can see what I received in last month’s box for a better idea of the variety of contents.
BeautyFIX June 2018 box includes:
- Alterna CAVIAR Anti-Frizz Blowout Butter (0.85 oz): a hair smoothing cream that banishes frizz and provides heat protection. My hair needs this one pretty badly. It has been so hot and humid at my house that I get terrible frizz if I don’t use a flat iron.
- jane iredale LipDrink™ Lip Balm – Flirt (.05 oz): a moisturizing lip balm with sunscreen protection in a sheer, peachy pink shade. This shade is gorgeous and the formula feels light on the lips.
- Shaveworks Cool Fix (1 oz): a soothing, gel lotion that treats the ingrown hairs, redness, razor burn and bumps associated with shaving and waxing. I’ve tried this in the past. This will be good for travel.
- Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream (24 ml): a highly moisturizing body lotion that quickly absorbs into your skin. I haven’t tried this yet, but I do hear good things about it.
- Juliette Has a Gun Moscow Mule Eau de Parfum (1.7 ml): an eau de parfum made with citrusy, woodsy and floral notes for one unforgettable aroma. I don’t care for this scent I’m very particular about my perfumes.
- Dermalogica Bio-LuminC Serum (.10 ml): a vitamin C face serum that brightens skin and slows signs of aging. I will keep this for future use when I run out of my current vitamin C or I will save it for travel.
Imagine my joy when I took out the small size products and discovered that two FULL SIZE products lie beneath the crinkle paper. These saved my opinion of the box in about 10 seconds!
- Colorescience Sunforgettable Brush-On Sunscreen SPF 50 – Medium (0.21 oz): a brush-on mineral sunscreen for the face, neck and hands. I’m impressed that I received the shade that is my match. I actually reviewed this sunscreen way back in 2014. I loved it then and I still do no! This sunscreen retails for $65.
- Nia 24 Sun Prevention 100% Mineral Sunscreen Protection SPF 30 (2.5 fl. oz.): an oil-free, mineral sunscreen to protect against sun damage. This sunscreen retails for $49.
The two full size products are mineral sunscreens. I’ve used the Colorescience brush on one many times in the past and really like it, especially for touch ups on-the-go. I also like to use it as a setting powder. The Nia sunscreen is a new one to me and I look forward to giving it a try.
As you can tell from reading this reveal, I was skeptical of this box at first glance. Once I realized that I had two full size reputable sunscreens in the box as well as the samples I flipped my opinion to being impressed. The box was definitely worth the $24.95 that I paid for it. I think of these samples as a little bonus. I will use everything except for the perfume sample. I honestly wish companies wouldn’t include them in their beauty boxes.