Do you like reading posts about favorite beauty products as much as I do? I really like to know what other beauty enthusiasts are loving at the moment so I put together this post for you. I’m going to try to make this a weekly series and pick one product from a different beauty category each week that’s been a favorite for me.
This week I’m featuring a hair product. Let’s take a peek at the Chi Spin n’ Curl Rotating Curler. I received this as an editorial sample when I requested it from one of my favorite PR agencies a few weeks ago. I’m always looking for good hair products and tools that work well with my crazy thick hair AND my uncoordinated, hair-challenged self.
This tool looked kinda scary when I pulled it out of the box. I was slightly intimidated by it thinking that I could never figure out how to use it and that my hair would end up all tangled in it. I took a deep breath and I read the instructions. I then made my way to Youtube to watch a tutorial.
Let’s discuss what I like about this curler:
- My hair is super thick and needs a good amount of heat to hold curl. The Spin n Curl can heat up to 410 degrees (this is perfect for my hair).
- The outside of the device never gets hot to the touch so I can’t burn myself (which I’m known to do).
- If there is too much hair in the device, it locks up so you can fix the situation and your hair doesn’t get tangled. You simply release your hair and start over.
- This curler produces gorgeous curls!
- Can we just look at how pretty this curler is for just a minute in all of its rose gold glory?! It does come in other colors as well.
- You do not need to keep the curl in the whole time which is a tip I like to share. You MUST keep pressing the arrow button down until the tool stops spinning on its own though, but you can take the curl out earlier. It is different for each person, but I only need to keep the hair in a few seconds after it stops spinning on its own and the curl is perfect! I never keep it in until it beeps and I can can style my whole head super fast.
Now we can discuss a few cons for me:
- Only about one inch of hair can be curled at a time and I personally have about 100 one inch sections of hair (exaggerating), so it takes me a while to do my whole head. If you have normal hair then you won’t have this problem. On the other hand, I can curl enough of my hair to make it look great in a decent amount of time.
- There’s a slight learning curve (but this is pretty true with any new tool).
It did take me a little bit of practice for me to get the gist of how to use the Chi Spin n Curl. Now it’s a piece of cake and I can get the curls or beachy waves that I want in a flash. The best part of all is that the curls stay in my hair forever, which is something that doesn’t happen for me with a regular curling iron. The picture below is from a video that I filmed this past week. My curls are 6 days old in this shot so I had to share my joy.
*I received this as an editorial sample. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links are used in this post which means that if you use my link I earn a small commission. Thank you for your support.