Thank goodness the temperatures are cooling off and it’s finally feeling more like fall. Fall and pumpkin go hand in hand, whether we’re talking about beauty products, coffee drinks or delicious snacks. I love them all! Today I’d like to share a recipe for fast and easy pumpkin blondies. You can alter the recipe to add chocolate chips, nuts or maybe both if you prefer!
One of the things that I love about making these pumpkin blondies is that I always have the required ingredients in my pantry. This recipe makes about 24 servings.
Pumpkin Blondies Ingredients:
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tbsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla
- 1 ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Spray a 9×13 inch pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt, until well combined.
- In another large bowl, mix the butter with your hand mixer on medium speed until well beaten.
- Add sugar, and mix again until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg, pumpkin, and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until combined.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing from the pan.
- When completely cooled, slice into 24 pieces.
There are so many variations of ingredients that can be added to this recipe to make it more appealing to you and your family. I’m a fan of nuts in my blondies, therefore I add in a cup of chopped walnuts. Pecans go nicely in this recipe too. If you don’t like chocolate chips, simply eliminate them or use a different flavor, such as vanilla, butterscotch or peanut butter. Whatever you choose, these will be a crowd pleaser.
These blondies make the perfect little dessert or can be enjoyed with morning coffee or afternoon tea.