Do you follow a specific skincare routine? You may have learned that using specific products leaves your skin healthy and hydrated to prevent breakouts and dryness. However, while skincare is essential, scalp care is equally as important. More people are learning about the importance of a clean scalp for hair growth, oil buildup prevention, dandruff prevention, and more. In addition, with continued use of hair products we have a tendency to get buildup on our scalps at a faster rate.
Why Is It Good To Have a Clean Scalp?
Having a clean scalp is vital for optimal hair growth. If your scalp is clean, dead skin cells won’t stick to the scalp, thus resulting in a better environment for hair to grow. If you’ve wanted your hair to grow longer, thicker, and healthier, be sure to take proper care of your scalp. Unfortunately, not everyone realizes the power a clean scalp has for hair growth.
How to Clean Scalp Buildup
Product buildup on the scalp happens with ease when you’re using leave-in conditioners, hairspray, gel, and more. However, product buildup clogs the pores and often makes it difficult for you to remove those dead skin cells from your scalp. So, it’s vital to know how to clean scalp buildup and keep your scalp healthier.
- First, use a clarifying shampoo at least once a week. While you don’t want to use clarifying shampoo daily, it helps to remove product buildup from your hair and scalp.
- Next, rinse your hair with shampoo and consider using a scalp exfoliating treatment before or after to remove dead skin on the scalp.
- Next, use a hair scalp massager while you’re in the shower. Hair scalp massagers are affordable tools that improve blood flow and circulation to the scalp to encourage hair growth.
- After washing your hair, using an exfoliating scrub, and rubbing the scalp gently with your hair scalp massager, apply conditioner to the ends of your hair.
- Avoid putting conditioner on the scalp if you tend to have an oily scalp that makes your hair appear greasy within hours. It can contribute to that oiliness that you’re trying to avoid so keep the product on the length of your hair instead.
Following a Routine When Taking Good Care of Your Scalp
Be sure to get in the habit of following a routine when taking care of your scalp. You can find lots of safe and effective products for treating the scalp and keeping it in good condition, including:
- Act+Acre’s Scalp Detox
- Briogeo Scalp Revival
- Living Proof Scalp Care
- Philip B Clarifying Shampoo
You can find other products to use, but make sure to check the ingredients. You don’t want to put anything on your scalp or hair that could cause more irritation.
Scalp care is the new skincare. While millions of people use some of the best products on their skin to prevent breakouts, unclog pores, and hydrate their faces, more are learning about the benefits of taking care of their scalp. So if you want your hair to grow longer and healthier, be sure to get into the habit of taking good care of your scalp. The small changes can make a significant improvement.
Leave a Reply