I’m here to share my current favorite SPF products today in honor of National Sunscreen Day (and skin cancer awareness month). I’m sure that you know by now that I’m all about spreading awareness and sharing ways to stay safe in the sun. For today, let’s take a look at some of what I consider to be the best spf products for 2022. I’m only sharing products that I’ve personally used and that have worked well for me. These are all made with ingredients that are considered safe. As you’re aware, there are both physical sunscreens, chemical sunscreens and a combination of both ingredients. My personal favorites are usually the mineral sunscreens. However, I do use chemical types at times, especially when I will be wearing makeup over my sunscreen and I need more moisture.
All of my favorite sunscreen products are in my Amazon store for easy reference. I make a lot of my purchases on Amazon because I find it to be most convenient. As an fyi, when you make a purchase through my Amazon store or other affiliate links, I do make a very small commission. This does not affect your pricing or experience and I appreciate your support.
Alastin HydraTint Pro Mineral Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 36:
- I bought this sunscreen about 2 months ago and will now keep it in my arsenal forever.
- It helps moisturize the skin and provides the perfect amount of skin tint so that I can wear this on its own without foundation if wanted.
- This one can be purchased on Amazon, but I recommend getting it at your dr’s office for the best price.
EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 for Sensitive or Acne-Prone Skin:
- Mineral-Based Zinc Oxide Formula
- This is a LONG time favorite of mine and a very popular sunscreen. It’s perfect on its own or under makeup.
Colorescience Total Protection Sheer Matte SPF 30 Sunscreen Brush For Oily and Acne-Prone Skin:
- This is the one to keep in your purse for touch ups all day long. It’s a nice because you can apply it over your makeup and other sunscreens.
- The spf powder also absorbs excess oil, mattifies, reduces shine, minimizes the appearance of pores.
- It’s safe for sensitive skin and it’s unscented too.
- I recommend this one for all skin types, not just oily skin because most of us get sweaty and more oily looking when out in the heat for a while.
Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen:
- SPF 40 PA+++
- Broad Spectrum Face Sunscreen & Makeup Primer
- Weightless, Invisible, Oil Free & Scent Free and for all skin types
- I love this one, especially as a primer and pore blurring product with the added benefit of good spf ingredients.
jane iredale Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream:
- 4-in-one mineral foundation that covers blemishes, minimizes appearance of pores, disguises wrinkles and smoothes and brightens skin.
- Contains SPF to protect skin from the sun.
- Vegan & Cruelty-Free
- I love this one on its own for a glowy look with the protection of sunscreen.
Eau Thermale Avene Solaire UV Mineral Multi-Defense Sunscreen Fluid:
- Clean Formula Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin
- Sheer and Non-Whitening
- Has Antioxidants for protection from environmental factors and blue light
- Reef Friendly ingredients, so perfect for vacation time
Dermalogica Invisible Physical Defense:
- Invisible, weightless defense that blends easily, featuring only non-nano Zinc Oxide.
- Say goodbye to thick, white residue with this SPF formula that provides added blue light protection.
- For all skin types, including sensitive.
- This is another great sunscreen for applying under makeup.
Whatever sunscreen product you choose, please wear it every single day for protection from dangerous skin cancers and premature aging. No matter what, I can guarantee you that your older self will thank you later!!