As we move from Summer to Fall, it’s important to switch up our skincare and beauty routines. Humidity decreases, our skin can become dry, and products that did wonders for us in the warmer months can cause flare-ups or issues when the temperature drops.
Brianna Thompson, founder of Brianna Michelle Beauty reveals her skin care beauty secrets, pro tips and tricks for switching up your routine in preparation for the changing season.
“As the cooler temperatures settle in, you’ll find it’s time to change up your skin care routine. Here are some helpful time saver skin care tips to leave your skin hydrated, soft and supple,” says Brianna.
How to Switch Up Your Skincare for Fall
- Exfoliate – This is the MOST IMPORTANT thing you can do for your skin. If you’re not removing the dead skin on the surface, nothing you put on your skin will penetrate and work properly.
- Switch to an oil or cream cleanser versus an glycolic base. These will help keep natural oils locked into the skin, and prevent your skin from stripping and drying out.
- Mask – Hydrating masks are always good to wear around the house while your cleaning or doing laundry. 10-15 minutes of extra hydration can help keep the fine lines and crows feet from popping out as temperatures drop.
- Vitamins – Yes, they really do help! I love Vitafusion Gorgeous Hair Skin & Nails. They give my skin the nutrients it needs to keep the lipids healthy and give me a healthy glow.
- Serums are your best friend. Serums are the only form of skin care product that actually will change the skin due to them penetrating the deepest. I recommend a hydrating serum and anti-aging serum. They can be used both day and night and help cell turn over and work to provide change from the inside out of the skins barriers.
What do you do to switch up your skincare for Fall? Or, do you keep your skincare routine the same year round? We’d love to know!
This post was contributed by Brianna Thompson, Owner, Educator, & Beauty Transformation Artist at Brianna Michelle Beauty. For more information, please visit her website.