While on vacation last week I decided to purchase the Shiseido BB Cream that I’ve been wanting to try for some time now. Here’s my review after using it daily for a week in all sorts of weather conditions and activity levels. I purchased mine at Bloomingdales for $33. The tube contains 1.1 ounces of product.
*photo is from Shiseido’s website
The Shiseido Hydrating BB Cream is marketed as a multifunctional BB cream with a makeup effect while providing skincare benefits. It’s supposed to help brighten the skin, moisturize and protect against UV damage. It contains both chemical and physical sunscreens with an SPF 35, which is a plus to me.
- Gives skin a bright, even tone and healthy glow while concealing pores and minimizing the appearance of skin unevenness.
- Oil-free texture has a light, comfortable feel.
- Formulated with Rose Apple Leaf Extract and Thiotaurine to protect skin from harmful environmental aggressors and maintain youthful looking skin.
- The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends this product as an effective broad spectrum sunscreen.
The Shiseido Perfect Hydrating BB Cream is available in only three shades light, medium and deep. The medium shades works perfectly for me. For reference, I wear NW 25 in MAC products. This BB cream comes in a squeeze tube. This is the type of packaging that I like best because I’m able to get out every last drop of product.
- Blends Well
- Easy To Apply – I just use my fingers
- Goes On Smoothly
- Has Good Pigmentation – Buildable coverage
- Feels Lightweight
- Semi Matte Finish
- Moisturizer And Sunscreen in One Step
- Limited Color Range
- Does Contain Alcohol – which can be drying to some skin types
Overall, the Shiesido BB cream has worked well for me. I would recommend it for those with normal skin types who want a multi-functional product with light to medium daytime coverage.