About every month or so I try out a different skincare brand. Sometimes I use an entire system and other times I just try out just a product or two. This past month I tried the Lexli Skincare system for combination skin. The entire line of products is organic, paraben free, cruelty-free and made from a base of pharmaceutical grade aloe vera instead of water (like most other brands). I was intrigued. How about you?
Included in the Lexli kit for combination skin:
- Cleaning Lotion
- Lightening Lift
- Day Moisturizer with SPF 15
- Night Moisturizer
- AloeGlyC® Renewing Exfoliant
I’d like to give a brief review of each product for you followed by a description from their website…
- The Aloe Based Cleaning Lotion is like a thick gel cleanser. It’s perfect for taking off makeup and removing impurities from the skin. It can be used with the fingers, a washcloth or your Clarisonic. It washes away leaving my skin feeling soft and smooth (not taught or dry at all).
Here’s how the Lexli website describes this cleanser: “Lexli Cleansing Lotion emulsifies dirt, makeup, excess oil and other debris sitting on the skin’s surface, allowing it to be gently rinsed away. Formulated with a base of organic, pharmaceutical-grade aloe vera in conjunction with moisturizing ingredients, this ph-balanced facial cleanser nurtures damaged skin and preserves the skin’s protective acid mantle. The result? Skin is left feeling hydrated and softer; never tight or dry. Lexli Cleansing Lotion is appropriate for normal-to-dry skin types, including those with sensitive skin.”
- After cleansing, I used the Lightening Lift (a brightening and firming aloe vera face mask) 1-2 times per week. It’s quite thick and feels like a honey consistency. I usually put it on and relax in the tub while it does its magic. It dries fast and starts to pull my skin a little taut so I feel like it’s working. It washes off easily with water.
The website describes this product as “the aloe vera face mask with the power to transform your skin. Featuring a potent blend of botanicals, including Green Tea, Acacia, Ginseng, Indian Gooseberry, Sage and Grape Seed, along with Kojic Acid, this nurturing product brightens uneven skin tone, improves texture through light exfoliation, calms inflammation, and provides skin with antioxidant protection from the environmental factors that cause premature aging. With just a single use, Lightening Lift provides significant hydration to the skin while temporarily restoring skin firmness, making it an essential treatment before an important event.”
- In the evening I used the Night Moisturizer before applying my eye cream and Retin-A skincare routine. The moisturizer feels soothing and soft on my skin. In my opinion, it’s not too thick and absorbs quickly.
The Lexli site describes this moisturizer as a “thick, luxurious cream that hydrates and softens skin while you sleep. Rich in emollients and humectants that lock in moisture while helping to minimize transepidermal water loss, Night Moisturizer leaves skin feeling more comfortable and looking smoother. For those who experience chronic or seasonal dryness, sensitive skin, eczema or rosacea, this soothing aloe-based cream brings immediate relief.”
- As part of my skincare routine I used the AloeGlyC Renewing Exfoliant. This is the product that I was most excited to try. It’s a glycolic acid face exfoliator. This product has tiny blue beads in it that contain Vitamin C. They disappear as soon as they are gently rubbed into the skin. It was noted on the instructions to start slowly with this product. I did get a little blemish when I used too much of it, so I scaled back by combining it with the moisturizer and everything was better. My skin looks healthy and bright these days and I’m giving credit to this product.
Lexli describes the product for us: “AloeGlyC® is a face exfoliator like no other. Formulated with a base of organic, pharmaceutical-grade aloe vera and glycolic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid, this patented exfoliator features a pH similar to that of a professional chemical peel but without the risk of burn or redness. With just a single use, skin is noticeably brighter and softer. With consistent daily use, AloeGlyC improves the appearance of sun-damaged and aging skin by smoothing skin texture, reducing hyperpigmentation, and diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Those with acne also benefit from AloeGlyC’s ability to unclog pores and minimize their appearance while reducing post-acne pigmentation.
AloeGlyC is packed with antioxidants, including Vitamin C beads, as well as Vitamins A, D and E and Green Tea, that work to neutralize free radical damage, contributing to healthier- and younger-looking skin.”
- I use the Day Moisturizer with SPF 15 in the morning under my makeup. The SPF ingredients are a combination of physical and chemical types. The lotion works well under my makeup and doesn’t cause my foundation to be disturbed. I just wish the spf was a little higher number because the Texas heat and sun are unbearable right now. They do have other suncreeen products including one with spf 30, which I plan to purchase.
This spf moisturizer is described as “a lightweight, humectant-rich cream that hydrates the skin throughout the day while offering broad-spectrum protection from harmful UV rays – one of the primary causes of premature skin aging. Featuring a soothing base of organic, pharmaceutical-grade aloe vera with moisturizing Vitamin E and Jojoba Oil, Day Moisturizer with SPF 15 leaves skin feeling softer, with no greasy residue.”
As you can see from my mini reviews above, I think this is a wonderful brand of skincare. All of the products that I tried worked well for my skin. My favorite of all is the AloeGlyC. I feel like it’s a unique product that is making a positive impact on the appearance and health of my skin. The products have little to no scent, which is a plus to me too. You can find out about these products as well as the entire line on their website.
Have you heard of Lexli skincare products?
*These products were sent to me for editorial consideration. All opinions are 100% honest.