As you all know, I LOVED the theme for O, The Oprah Magazine for 2018. It was called the Year of Big Questions. Every month the magazine addressed a different soul-searching question. I feel like I had so much personal growth throughout the year as I did some deep thinking and addressed those questions here on my blog. I loved to hear how others were answering the questions for themselves as well. You can read all of my posts on the topic in the Big Questions tab at the top of this page (found under Lifestyle).
I plan to continue on this journey by addressing some of the topics in each month’s issue of the magazine again this year. I think it’s so good for the mind and soul to dig deeper into the issues that we may be facing, or those issues that others or our country may be facing. I find so much inspiration from reading through the magazine each month.
So, without further adieu, let’s look at one question that was asked in the January Oprah Magazine. The first question that I came across in the magazine was “What will be your theme for 2019?” For the past few years I gave the year a “theme” word. Last year my theme word was BALANCE. I tried to achieve balance in my life so that I was growing in all areas and not just one. I wanted to be sure I was balancing my time as well. I think I did well with that theme word.
For 2019 my theme word or mantra is DISCOVER.
I plan to discover:
- New places in our beautiful world through travel – I bought my husband two amazing books that are published by National Geographic. The book is called Journeys of a Lifetime: 500 of the World’s Greatest Trips. I purchased both the first and second editions. If you’re ever stumped for places to explore in our world, then this is the book for you. I could (and did) spend hours taking in the pages of these books.
- New hobbies that I find fulfilling – I’m always open to learning new things. One hobby that I’ve wanted to learn for the past few years is flower arranging. I actually sat in on a class that was held on my cruise to Alaska this past summer. However, I want to learn even more. My daughter gave me a gift certificate at Christmas this year to take a floral arranging class. The class is in March and I can’t wait to go.
- New friendships – I think women need to have their tribe of friends. These are people who support each other through all of life’s events. Friendships may come and go depending on the season of our lives. People change too, and that’s okay. I’m just excited to discover more friendships that are mutually rewarding.
- I want to discover where I can go with my blog and social media influence. I’ve been on Youtube and blogging since 2010. I’ve had some of the most amazing opportunities because of it, but I want to see what I can achieve and discover by working harder/smarter.
- I want to do some self-discovery in 2019 too. I plan to focus on finding my strengths and working on my weaknesses. We’re never too old to work on ourselves.
- I’d like to challenge myself to discover how it feels to be disconnected from my phone, laptop and social media more during the next 12 months. I am positive that I’m connected to my phone way too much. I need to be more present with those I’m with. Life’s too short to let the precious moments slip away while we’re looking down at our phones.
Do you have a theme word or mantra that you’re focusing on in 2019?
*affiliate link is used in this post