I have the thickest wavy hair on the planet. Not a good kind of wavy, in my opinion. I never wear my hair wavy though. About 15 years ago I discovered the incredible invention of hair straighteners aka flat irons. What did we do before this invention? Most of us just had “big” wavy hair that we hated! You’re lucky if you don’t know what I’m talking about. LOL!
A few months ago I received a new hair straightener called the Hair Titan from a company called Mia Adora. The Hair Titan is an extremely lightweight one inch wide flat iron. It uses advanced nano titanium technology, which gives hair a smooth and silky look. The plates are longer (4.5 inches) than those found on most other straighteners. They’re the floating type. The cord swivels, therefore it doesn’t get tangled up when in use. And most importantly to me and my thick coarse hair, this flat iron quickly heats up to 45o degrees. I need this extra hot temperature to tame my crazy hair.
I haven’t used this straightener with any of the many heat protectant sprays that I own. However, I imagine that would help tame the slight frizz that I still have on my hair due to some new growth and broken hair. I also didn’t apply any creams or oils to my hair after straightening it like I usually do.
Verdict: I’m loving this flat iron!
- the plates are smooth and don’t tug or pull as my hair glides through them
- the plates are longer than some other irons that I’ve used, therefore I can straighten a larger section of hair with each pass
- the cord swivels 360 degrees so it doesn’t get tangled
- the high temperature capability of this flat iron is what I need for my thick coarse hair
- the 1 inch size can be used to curl hair too (if you’re coordinated – I am not!)
- great warranty – they stand by their products
- because my hair is so thick I have to make several passes to the extra curly spots with the iron to get my hair completely straight
- a little bit pricey at $97
- can only be purchased on Amazon (not necessarily a con – you just can’t go to the store to purchase one at this time).
You can see Hair Titan and the Mia Adora products on Amazon HERE. Also, visit their Pinterest profile to see some of the best beauty pins I’ve ever seen!!
*PR sample. All opinions are mine and are not influenced by anyone else.