*This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone and are not influenced by anyone else. #LorealBeauty #CollectiveBias
Are you a multi-tasker? I certainly am at every chance I get. I recently discovered that my local Albertson’s store was remodeled. It is absolutely gorgeous now. As a matter of fact, I’ve been there a lot in the past few weeks because it’s “that” good! As a beauty product and makeup addict I always stroll up and down the cosmetics aisle on nearly every visit. I recently picked up a few products from L’Oreal and they’re already becoming favorites. So now I know that I can get great makeup and groceries in a single shopping trip. I’ve been using my new makeup daily in creating my three signature looks. In my opinion, when you have your eye makeup applied your eyes look brighter and more vibrant and you look ready to take on any situation.
I decided to feature my everyday signature neutral eye makeup look as a tutorial for you today. This is how I apply my eye makeup on most days. It’s simple, but adds some nice depth to the eyes to make them stand out.
I use these simple steps for my everyday eye look. It takes less than 5 minutes and I’m out the door!
- Put a base on lids (not shown)
- Put a light highlight eyeshadow shade at the inner corner to light up the eye
- Put a solid neutral matte color all over the lid (I used the LaPalette 1 – Nude for all looks)
- Add a shimmer shade to the center of the lid to add a brightening effect
- Line the tightline and upper lash line. I used L’Oreal Extra Intense Liquid pencil eyeliner
- Smudge the upper lash liner to reduce the harshness and smoke it out it little
- Add a layer of eyeshadow over the liner to lock it in place
- Apply mascara. I used Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara on upper and lower lashes
- And off I go!
I used these same products to create my modified cat eye look and smokey eye looks shown below. I call my cat eye a modified look because I have to alter the placement of the liquid liner due to the crepiness of my eyelids. They’re not as smooth as a 20 something year olds anymore. For my smokey look I prefer to use dark brown rather than gray or black for my shadow color. I pack on dark brown shadow to the lid and lower lash line before adding lots of mascara.
Organization Tip: I like to keep the products that I’m currently using most frequently in this beautiful jar that my mom purchased in Paris. You can use any pretty jar that you already have. This keeps things neat, organized and also within easy reach.
What’s your favorite eye makeup look? I’d love to know! Leave me a comment below.