Summer is here and you’re probably baring a bit more skin than other times of the year. If you’re like me then you want your skin to be soft and silky. Using a body butter on your skin can help as well as staying hydrated by drinking lots of water every day. I’ve put together a list of my top 15 DIY body butters recipes found on the web. These are all so easy to make, even if you’re not typically a do-it-yourself type of person. You can alter these however you want to make them suit you better if you need to.
15 DIY Body Butters to Make at Home:
- Lemongrass Whipped Body Butter – Juggling Act Mama
- DIY Mint Chocolate Chip Body Butter – Six Dollar Family
- Whipped Pumpkin Spice Body Butter – Humblebee & Me
- Coconut Lime Whipped Body Butter – A Cultivated Nest
- Lavender Body Lotion – Homemade for Elle
- Magnesium Body Butter Recipe – Turning the Clock Back
- Homemade Shea Body Butter – Practically Functional
- Almond Vanilla Body Butter – A Spark of Creativity
- Whipped Unicorn Body Butter – Busy Being Jennifer
- Herb and Citrus Body Butter – The Homespun Hydrangea
- Whipped Sleepytime Rub – The Paleo Mama
- Homemade Whipped Body Butter for Soft Skin – Mainly Homemade
- Vanilla and Cacao Homemade Body Butter – Rubies & Radishes
- Peppermint Cloud Body Butter Recipe – Mountain Rose Herbs
- Homemade Cinnamon Vanilla Whipped Body Butter – A Cultivated Nest
You can buy these ingredients locally or you can order everything needed for these homemade body butters on Amazon. They have everything needed and shipping is fast. I recommend making larger batches and putting the body butter in small pretty jars. You can even make extra to give as gifts and put the product into cute little mason jars with pretty homemade labels or tags. I’m certain than all of your friends would love these too.
Have you ever tried DIY Body Butters? Would you consider doing it now that you’ve seen how easy it is to do?
*I used a few affiliate links in this post. This does not change your price for products purchased using my links. Thanks for supporting my blog!
Lola Seicento says
This is a great idea! I have never made my own body butter, but I am going to now! Thank you for this post!
Never Say Die Beauty says
I looked at a couple of the recipes and they’re really good, and informative too. I do more DIY stuff in the winter, so I will return to this post then. Great ideas here!
Never Say Die Beauty recently posted…Burt’s Bees Liquid Lipstick for National Lipstick Day Giveaway!
Cindy Ingalls says
I made my own body butters, put them in a small mason jar with a cute crystal top and gave them to my girlfriends last Christmas. They loved them!
Cindy Ingalls recently posted…BoxyCharm Subscription Box for July!
Some of the recipes sound delicious actually. This would be a good way for me to control the type of fragrances that I can tolerate.
MarciaF recently posted…Skincare so pure you could eat it! Nyl skincare Organic Rosewater Face Wash and Organic Foaming Castile Hand Soap
I miss doing DIY skincare. Good roundup list!
Cassie Tucker says
The Mint Chocolate Chip Body Butter sounds amazing!
Cassie Tucker recently posted…Pai-Shau Hair Care Review
I definitely want to try making my own!
Courtney recently posted…27 Dorm Room Decor and Organization Ideas
Erika Ann says
Thank you so much for putting these altogether. Its hard to look for whats really effective or not. At least this list coming from you is more authentic than others. Thank you!
I think the idea of making your own body butter is amazing. I have never tried before but surely i am gonna do it now.Thanks for the great post!