Mt daughter decided to give me an early Christmas gift this year. She gifted me with the Benefit Cosmetics Advent Calendar. It’s a limited-edition, holiday advent calendar filled with 24 mini beauty essentials. You’re supposed to “get a beauty surprise everyday with this holiday countdown. Each day, open the sweet shop doors to reveal a Benefit bestseller or surprise gift. My daughter knows what a beauty addict I am and knew this would be the perfect gift for me. Below are the items I revealed for the first 7 days. I will update you weekly on the goodies revealed.
1. Heart shaped paper clips – These are cute but I was disappointed that they weren’t a beauty product.
2. Ultra Plush lip gloss sample in A-Lister. This is a pretty light peach color.
3. Stay Don’t Stray concealer and eye shadow primer in light/medium shade sample
4. The Pore Professional sample – I do like this product
5. Silver Glittery hair tie – too small for my thick hair
6. It’s Potent eye cream sample
7. They’re Real mascara sample – This is a nice mascara
It was fun to open these little doors each day to see what was behind them. However, I think this advent calendar was WAY overpriced ($99) for what I’ve gotten so far. I’m crossing my finger that the products will get better with the coming days. I’m hoping for lipstick, blush or bronzer… What do you think?
I’ve never gotten a beauty advent calendar. I definitely would have been disappointed in paper clips and a hair tie! I would have thought everything would be an actual beauty product, especially at that price!!
I know!!! The nerve of putting non beauty items in an advent calendar for beauty lovers is just wrong!! LOL!! Ive gotten more non beauty items since then too… Stacie xo
MuaHeather ( says
This looks exciting! I got the Tarte 12 days of Tarte and it’s the best!
I’ve seen some of the Tarte pics on Instagram and they are SO much better than this Benefit calendar. Thanks for stopping by! Stacie xo