Who loves new clothing and accessories? ME!! My daughter is a stylist for the company called Stitch Fix (link below). It’s a totally cool concept. It’s great for ladies of all ages who want to have someone pick out clothing for them. It’s like having your own online personal stylist. Here’s how my daughter explains it:
“For those that don’t know about the company: This is basically like having an online personal shopper. You put in a ton of info about yourself, your body, your likes/dislikes. You can add pictures, Pinterest boards, Instagram links, Linked In, etc. and your stylist picks out 5 things personalized for you in each Fix! You will receive a Fix as often as you’d like, but the most common is once a month. (You could just schedule it as a one time thing or one every 3 months or so on!) There’s a $20 styling fee every time, but that $20 is applied to anything you keep AND if you keep all 5 things in your box, you get 25% off your entire purchase! I would love to answer questions about the process or help you if you are unsure about trying it out. You literally just fill out info about yourself and a box of 5 items shows up on your doorstep… It’s a pretty amazing concept if you ask me!”
Some people have a flair for fashion and knowing what will look good on different body types. I must brag here and say that my daughter is one of those people. I recently received my first “Fix” box and her picks for me were spot on. Most people that she styles keep 3-5 of the items that she picks for them. I ended up keeping 3 of mine. Stitch Fix carries sizes 0–24W (XS–3X), as well as maternity and petite clothing. They even have boxes for men.
I tried to take pictures of the items as I tried them on so that I could show them to you. This was late at night, so please excuse my tired and disheveled look…
1. This black off the shoulder top from Napean Sea Road is the first item I tried on. When I held it up I thought it would be too small. However, it fit perfectly and love it! I have size small. I wore it in Vegas this past weekend with white jeans and sandals. Retails for $54
2. I LOVE this top from Eden Society. Unfortunately it was too small on me. I could have requested a larger size, but decided that I really didn’t have to have it since I liked the way some of the other tops fit better. Retails for $48.
3. The white crochet halter blouse from Skies are Blue is one of my favorite items. I love halter style tops and the fact that its white means I can wear it with jeans or any other colored pants, shorts or crops. I feel like the style is flattering on. Retails for $54
4. This top from Le Lis is totally on trend with the exposed or cold shoulder look. I decided not to keep this top because it was too big (size medium) and I just don’t wear red often enough.
5. Lastly, I requested a pair of distressed jeans and these didn’t disappoint. They’re size 4 from the brand Pistola. I specifically didn’t request petite size since I prefer the way the regulars fit on me. I’ve already worn these and will probably end up wearing them more than anything else I own this spring and summer. Retails for $88
In addition to clothing, your stylist can send you handbags, jewelry and shoes. It’s been a fun way to try new clothing that I may not have been able to try otherwise. You can sign up to do this as a one time thing or schedule boxes whenever you want. For example, you may want 5 new tops or dresses for an upcoming vacation or event. You can just let your stylist know what you want or need or leave it completely up to them.
The quality of every item in my box is superb. Tops are lined when they need to be and the fabric quality is very nice. Nothing was cheap or flimsy. I’m really happy with the three items I chose to keep and can’t wait to get my next box. For the two items that I sent back, I used the envelope and mailing label that came in my box. I simply dropped the package off at the post office. It couldn’t have been any easier.
If interested, click HERE and get $25 off.
What do you think of having an online personal stylist? Is Stitch Fix something you would like to try sometime?