Are you needing some pampering right now? During social distancing, we tend to put ourselves on the back burner. This includes all those moms out there realizing just how exhausting homeschooling their kids really is! (Talk about stress!) Unfortunately when it comes to most hair salons, nail salons and spas being closed, it’s hard to not let yourself go. Here I included some of my favorite treatments to pamper yourself that can easily be done at home with ingredients you typically have, all while practicing social distancing.
In a bowl (large enough to soak your feet) add 1 cup warm water, ½ cup of white vinegar, and ½ cup listerine, soaking your feet for about 15 minutes. Next, brush with a pumice stone to remove the dead skin and wipe away with a cloth. To avoid making any mistakes when painting your nails use glue to trace around the nail so once your polish is dry you can easily peel off the glue. Lotion them up and Voila!
Create Your Own Face Mask
Whether you want to do this on your own or with someone, create DIY face masks! I can personally say this is an enjoyable way to try out different combinations customizing it for your skin!
- Olive oil: A non comedogenic oil that is great for moisturizing
- Avocado: With vitamin E and C, avocados help reduce fine lines and wrinkles while hydrating
- Honey: An antibacterial, antimicrobial, and an anti inflammatory, this moisturizer is great for acne
- Turmeric: Great for helping diminish acne scarring, and as a anti inflammatory
- Bananas: Moisturizing and with vitamin A, bananas do a great job in repairing dry skin
- Coconut oil: An anti inflammatory that is great for softening and soothing
- Yogurt: This lactic acid also has alpha hydroxy acid making it a wonderful way to clear dead skin
Have An At Home Steam Room
You don’t need to install an at home steam room but you can DIY one in the comfort of your bathroom. Start by covering any openings including under the door with a towel, then with a chair or sitting on the ‘throne’, then start the shower water on hot making sure the shower head is pointing away towards the wall (Do not be in the shower at all. Doing so will cause burns). Once you’ve had enough, shut off the water and make sure you hydrate.
Make Your Own Spa Water
What better way to really bring the spa to you than refreshing spa water with ingredients you can personalize to your liking and get the full spa experience. A great combo that works during the warmer summer months… cucumber and mint! It’s cool, crisp and hydrating.
Easy Body Scrubs
These two ingredients are a great way to remove dead skin and will leave you with soft and beautiful skin.
- Coffee – known to tighten skin, reducing cellulite with its caffeine, antioxidants and anti-aging properties
- Brown Sugar – a great exfoliator for removing dry and dead skin cells revealing a youthful glow
It doesn’t take much more than some basic ingredients in the house to pamper yourself in times of quarantine. These DIY’s are a great way to have your own spa day and what better way to make it feel like the real deal then to add some of your favorite candles, some cucumbers for the eyes and some calming music.