Guilty pleasures… We all have them. Some of us are lucky enough to get to indulge in ours more frequently than others. I thought I’d go ahead and share with you some of my personal guilty pleasures here on my blog today. These are the things that plain old “make me happy.” I feel a little bit guilty about these at times, but I also know that I am blessed and appreciate every single person and thing in my life.
1. Sitting on the big comfy chair in my living room watching what I call trash tv.
2. Long baths with fragrant body washes. You know, the kind of bath where you have to keep having to add hot water because you’ve been indulging for so long.
3. Shopping for more makeup items that I don’t really need, but that I just want. New makeup is like a high for me (not gonna lie). I’m not hurting anyone with this addiction of mine, so I like to indulge whenever the mood strikes.
4. Pizza… I’m officially an addict. I love plain cheese pizza the best.
5. Fresh flowers are a love of mine. I like to treat myself often to colorful bouquets. One day I’d love to have a florist come to my home on a weekly basis and fill my home with fresh flowers.
6. Jewelry is another category that I enjoy and get pleasure from. I don’t think you have to spend a lot on jewelry to look trendy, chic or classic. There are all price points out there that look good and I have them all.
7. Lazy days… Unfortunately I’ve had more lazy days than not lately. I’ve been absolutely awful with my exercise schedule.
8. Hanging out for an hour with my girlfriend at Starbucks sipping on an iced green tea or an iced soy latte.
9. Hanging out with girlfriends for long lunches and just shooting the breeze about life.
10. Having a housekeeper several days a week… I’m not gonna lie, I have a housekeeper who come a few days a week to keep the house in tip-top shape. I haven’t done laundry or vacuumed in years. I consider myself to be very fortunate in this sense, and it’s probably my greatest guilty pleasure of all.
There you have it, my top 10 guilty pleasures. What are some of yours?