Since MAC Cosmetics is having a SALE right now (through December 4, 2016), I thought this would be the perfect time for me to share my favorite MAC eyeshadow shades with you. Rather than buying ready-made types of palettes that have shades that you know you’ll never use, this is a great alternative. MAC sells empty palettes in a variety of sizes that you can fill with your favorites instead. They’re pretty inexpensive. You can also choose to use a zpalette to put your shadows into. These come in a variety of sizes as well.
These palettes make great gifts too. Think holidays, birthdays, mother’s day and beyond… Single eye shadow pans used to cost $12 each. I believe it was about a year ago that MAC lowered the price to ONLY $6 each. It’s a GREAT deal for pro quality eyeshadow.
*self purchased all products shown/affiliate links
As you can see, I’m a neutral eyeshadow girl. I never wear anything louder than cranberry or plum. Most shades that I like are warm in tone. And, I like to mix it up with mattes and shimmers. I have duplicates of many of these shades that I keep in different palettes. If you like these types of shades or know someone who does, then please keep reading.
Let’s talk about these shades (from left to right):
- Brule’ is a soft creamy beige with a satin finish.
- Texture is a velvet peachy brown with shimmer.
- Expensive Pink is a veluxe pearl pink with douchrome
- Sable is described as a gold-plum w/bronze pearl. I think it’s more of a beautiful medium brown with the perfect amount of sheen.
- Folie – This is a red toned brown that has a matte finish. Sorry, but I think this one is discontinued also. Why oh why do they do that with the best shades?
- Bamboo is a warm light brown. Sorry, but this shade is discontinued. 🙁 There are many others to choose from that are similar.
- Soft Brown is a soft golden peachy-brown with a matte finish. I use this shade daily without fail to transition from lid to brow bone no matter what shade I use on my lids.
- Brown Script is a warm chestnut brown with a matte finish.
- Quarry is a soft muted plum brown. It’s one of my all time favorite mattes.
- Blackberry is a muted burgundy-plum brown with a matte finish.
- Grain is a golden beige with icy shimmer that has a satin finish.
- Mulch is a velvet red-brown with bronze pearl.
- Satin Taupe is a frost formula. It’s taupe with silver shimmer and a MUST HAVE shade.
- Cranberry is a red plum with pink shimmer. This is a frost, but it has zero fallout and is gorgeous with most eye colors.
- Deep Damson is a deep burgundy matte shadow.
What do you think of my choices? What’s your favorite MAC eyeshadow? Let me know in the comments below.
*I paid for all products shown. All opinions are mine and aren’t influenced by anyone else. Affiliate links used in this post. Thanks for your support!