Lipstick is probably my favorite beauty product of all. I always seem to gravitate toward lip products whether I’m shopping in a store or shopping online. I recently received a FACE atelier’s high performing lipstick. This is one of their inclusive, cruelty free shades suitable for women of all ages from 19 to 90. The entire line is PETA & Leaping Bunny approved. I love that FACE atelier is passionate about being an age and race neutral line that recognizes that women come in all shapes, sizes and nationalities. Their mission is to provide sophisticated and versatile makeup that helps you look and feel your best.
Let’s take a look at the lipstick that I received. I have the new shade named Jolie. It’s a bright salmon pink shade that is gorgeous for the spring and summer. My daughter is modeling the lipstick for us today. She gives this lipstick color and its formula two thumbs up. Visit their website to see all of their lipstick options as well as their entire line of makeup. Products ship quickly from Canada. You can also purchase from QVC.
The lipsticks are:
- High performing, long-lasting and strongly pigmented formula
- Fragrance free
- Hydrating & moisturizing formula
Key Ingredients of FACE atelier lipstick:
- Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil – a vegetable oil obtained from the seeds of the Ricinus communisplant that acts as a skin conditioning agent. It’s a gentle oil and a non-irritant that’s used as an emollient to maintain soft and supple skin Conditioning. It’s also a humectant that keeps moisture close to the skin’s surface due to its water-binding abilities.
- Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax – a multifunctional complex of natural wax esters derived from the waxy leaf structure of Candelilla shrubs. It increases the time that natural emollients remain on the skin, and help provide a protective, moisture resistant environment for skin. Hydrating, moisturizing and protective.
FACE atelier has shared with us their PRO Top 3 Do’s & Don’ts when applying lipstick, so I thought I’d post them here for you today because you can never have too many tips:
- Do lightly line the lips with a complementary lip liner and fill in the whole lip for a more even fade throughout the day
- Do top off lipstick with a transparent of shimmer gloss to enhance the color of lipstick
- Do regularly apply a moisturizing product like Lip Putty of Lip Ex to prevent cracked lips and reduce the feathering and bleeding of color into the lips’ fine lines or wrinkles
- Don’t use a lip liner darker than your lip shade just to line your lip, without filling it in. As it fades, you’re left with an unflattering outline – the cosmetic equivalent of a panty line.
- Don’t match your lipstick to your outfit. Makeup should always match your skin tone, not your skirt.
- Don’t set lipstick with powder. It dries out the finish and your lips, while accentuating those pesky fine lip lines and cracks.