It’s that time of year!! Back to school time. I can’t believe how the months and years seem to pass before my eyes! I will have two daughters in college this year and my son will be finishing up his last year in high school. In honor of the start of the new school year I’d like to share my 10 Dorm Room Essentials with you. My list is based on the experiences I’ve had with my kids moving into the dorms these past few years as well as what we’re planning in the next few weeks.
Based on my personal experience with my girls living in dorms at their colleges, here are the things that I think you should consider bringing with you. I put my collection together from the Walmart website. Take a quick peek at their great prices on everything you need for decorating your dorm room.
- A small microwave oven for cooking simple items when you don’t want to eat in the dining rooms on campus.
- A dorm sized refrigerator/freezer to store drinks and treats. Try to keep those meals and snacks healthy!
- Lamps are a must have if you’re going to have a roommate. It’s nice to be able to turn on a small light when you’re studying late at night and your roommate is sleeping.
- Bedding is an obvious must have. Remember that most dorms have Twin XL size beds so you should shop accordingly.
- It’s nice to have a full length mirror.
- A vacuum is a must have item because you’re not going to have housekeeping coming in to do your chores for you.
- It’s nice to have a printer in your dorm room. I prefer laser printers because the toner (ink) lasts much longer than ink jet printers.
- If you are a caffeine addict it’s nice to have a single serve coffee maker.
- Kleenex Expression Oval Facial Tissue chevron designs! These are only available for a limited time at Walmart Supercenter stores. Add a few around your room so you’ll have them when you need them.
- Plastic drawers are a great way to add extra storage. They’re available in all different sizes. You can keep some in your closet as well as under your bed.
Visit the Walmart website to find a location near you that carries these limited edition chevron pattern boxes of Kleenex. They’re available for a limited time only at Walmart Supercenter stores. Go grab some for the dorm room you’re decorating and get some extras to add a nice touch to any room. Walmart is a great place to shop for dorm essentials since they have everything you need.
Tell me what your dorm essentials are in the comments area below!
*This post is sponsored by Kleenex and Walmart, but my love for their dorm style is all my own!