The Beauty Box 5 for the month of May is all about getting ready for summer. The box contains a fun card that says, “Bait Some Beauty, Save a Mermaid.” I thought that was a fun way to introduce the latest beauty subscription box. You can go look at the Beauty Box 5 website for more information on their monthly box program. These beauty boxes start at $12 and go down in price if you commit to 3 months or more. Each monthly box contains 4-5 products. This month has 3 Full Size products and 2 extremely generous sample size products.
The first two products that I pulled out of this month’s box were:
- You’re So Fine Liquid Liner in Glitterati from Elizabeth Mott: It’s a waterproof eye liner with subtle glitter in it. I haven’t used it yet so I kept the wrapping on it to keep it fresh for when I’m ready. I’ll do a separate review after using this product. Retails for $18
- Mermaid Lashes Splash Proof Mascara: This is the other product from the box that I haven’t used and am saving for when I’m ready for a new mascara. The formula is waterproof and smudge proof, which I love for beach days, pool days and occasions when waterproof is a must. Retails for $4.99
- Mocha-Kyssed Bronzer Lotion from Mystic Tan: This is an all over body bronzing product to give a fake tan. The color made it sound scary to me, however it was pretty light on my pale skin (see swatch below). I haven’t tried it all over yet but intend to use it on my legs in the near future. This is a very generous size in the box. Full size retails for $35
- Luxurious Lipstick in Crush from Appeal Cosmetics: I am super impressed with the beautiful orange coral lipstick. It’s a color that adds instant brightness to the face. The formula is hydrating and keeps my lips smooth. Retails for $29
- Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Spray from Briogeo: This is a lightweight leave-in spray designed to add softness, strength and manageability to hair. It has a beautiful light fragrance to it that is very appealing to me. Full size retails for $20
Verdict: As you can see from the products in this box, I was quite impressed with the contents. I was introduced to some nice new beauty products that I probably would not have discovered otherwise. This box was well worth its price, whether you paid the full $12 or the discounted $8.25.
Tell me which beauty box you subscribe to in the comments below.
*PR sample. All opinions are mine and are not influenced by anyone else.