I haven’t shared a Sephora Play Bag unboxing with you in quite some time. I think it’s fun to see what others get in their monthly subscription bags and boxes. Most of us get the same contents in this particular subscription program, however there are often a few items that are different for some of us. I never knew that they were different until I started to see others posting their contents too. The Play Box subscription is $10 per month and can be purchased HERE.
Let’s take a quick peek at my April 2018 Sephora Play Bag. The theme of this month’s bag is Insta Beauty. All of the beauty products in the bag are supposed to deliver quick, camera-ready results to get you ready to take perfect selfies. In addition, there are hints to taking those selfies on the enclosed insert that was in the box.
The first three things in the bag are:
- Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon – This is the bonus item for the month. It’s a warm and spicy scent. I like it, however, I’m never thrilled with these perfume samples since I already have wayyyy too many of them.
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple Moisturizer – They call this an ultra-light face cream packed with vitamins, antioxidants and natural oils to leave a lasting glow. I haven’t tried this yet since I’m using other skincare at this time. I will probably toss it into my travel bag.
- Dr Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Wrinkle Recovery Peel – This is a clinical strength peel with a high dose of retinol to fight the signs of aging. This is a peel that you put onto clean skin and sleep with it on overnight. I plan to try it soon. There are actually two packets of this which is nice to be able to try it out more than once.
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Perfector in Shade #8 – This is a skin tint that’s meant to blur imperfections while protecting the skin with spf 25. It’s said to be between a bb cream and a foundation. This is something that is right up my alley. However, the color is too dark for me to actually try it out. It looks good and feels good on the back of my hand but is actually a waste of a good size product to send out to everyone in the wrong shade.
- Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate 12.5% Vitamin C – This is an anti-wrinkle facial treatment with vitamin C and hyaluronic acid, both of which a good ingredients for anti-aging. I’m a huge fan of Kiehl’s skincare products. However, I’m using other products right now, so this will go in my travel bag for now.
- Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Ultra Cushion Lipgloss in SPL – This is a sparkly iridescent lip gloss that visually plumps the lips as it moisturizes. I didn’t bother to take it out of the packaging because I knew I’d be giving it away. I’m not a fan of sparkle on the lips. It can be used as a topper over lipstick, but I don’t need it for that. These glosses are full of vitamin E and peppermint oil that makes lips tingle. I did like that they included the card with all of the available shades.
That sums up the products in the April Sephora Play Bag. What do you think? Worth the $10 monthly subscription fee?
*I paid for this subscription box. This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using my links I will earn a small commission. Thank you for supporting my blog and my hard work!
It’s been a long time since I subscribed to Play. I see a few things I like in your bag but I never found enough to justify the bag myself. Of course if I wasn’t a blogger I’d have needed the products more.
MarciaF recently posted…Mehron Brazen Mascara – is it a winner?
I agree Marcia. This is better for others who don’t get new products all the time. I keep thinking I’ll cancel and then they send me a great box and I change my mind. Haha! Stacie xo
Stacie recently posted…Sephora Play Bag to Get Insta Ready
This would just be a meh bag for me. I think the April Ipsy bag is better.
Cindy recently posted…ColourPop Lux Lipsticks + Vacation Mode Eye Palette!
Lola Seicento says
Not a bad bag, but I think that it definitely for someone without a huge stash of samples!
Lisa Marie Heath says
For $10 – I’m still happy with my Sephora Play Bag!
I got the same box except for the lip gloss, I got one from Buxom instead. I would have loved to try the new UD gloss!
Lulle recently posted…#FrenchFriday : the new YSL Volupte Liquid Color Balm is much more than just a lip balm
Susan Smith says
Lip-gloss is another small-sized cosmetic product that can have a large impact on the environment through their packaging and the materials used in them.
I have not ordered such bags at least not yet, but it sounds like an exciting thing! From the information you shared, I would say that it definitely is worth of $10 for the subscription because in the reality what can you actually buy for $10? But here are lots of high-quality products to try and maybe even later to purchase and the sizes even do not look so tiny.
Mary recently posted…20 Best Hyaluronic Acid Creams 2018 [Ultimate Guide]