This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EggoWaffleBar #CollectiveBias
I was at my local Walmart store over the weekend and attended one of the most genius ideas I’ve seen in a while. They had a traveling Waffle Bar Truck from Eggo. My sweet tooth and I had to partake in all of the goodness. They’re currently traveling throughout the country. You can find an Eggo Waffle Truck event at a Walmart near you using this link. The truck will be moving a total of 200 times over 100+ days between April and September.
With Father’s Day coming up as well as long summer days with the kids out of school I think this would be something fun to do at home so I set up my own little Waffle Bar. My family got to enjoy a fun dessert bar together after celebrating my daughter’s birthday. Everyone’s already hinting that they’d love to do this again soon during our family’s summer get-togethers.
My personal favorite dessert is Strawberry Shortcake. I find it to be refreshing, especially during the spring and summer months. I used my Waffle Bar to make one of the most delicious versions I’ve ever tasted.
Strawberry Shortcake Waffles
- Kellogg’s Eggo Homestyle Waffles OR
- Kellogg’s Eggo Nutri-Grain Low Fat Whole Wheat Waffles
- Breyer’s® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- M&M’S® Minis Milk Chocolate Candies (optional) (1/4 cup 210 calories, 26 g sugar)
- Smucker’s Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping (optional) (2 tbsp 280 calories, 32 g sugar)
- Seasonal berries – I used strawberries
- Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping
- Prepare all ingredients and place them in individual bowls. You can use a theme or color for your serving bar that goes with the occasion that you’ll be celebrating.
- Wash and cut the berries.
- Toast your waffles and set them on a tray.
- Start assembly by adding a scoop of ice cream.
- Top with Reddi-wip and fresh berries.
- You can add the M&M’S and fudge too if desired (My husband did for his waffle).
Delicious News! Eggo waffles now have no artificial flavors and colors from natural sources. There are so many different varieties that you may have a hard time deciding which waffles to include at your own waffle bar.