I’m excited to say that I’ve been off on a fabulous beach vacation with my family. When I’m on vacation I usually wear less makeup than when I’m home. I like to pack lightly with my beauty products when I travel. I often reach for products that I can multi-task with so that I can cut down on the number of items that I pack. Read below to see what I actually packed in my makeup travel bag for my beach vacation. You can use the links to shop for products that might interest you (some are affiliate links).
I’m definitely the queen of monogrammed attire and accessories. I can’t help myself. I love this oilcloth bag because it’s waterproof. I can fit a lot into this bag too. Here’s a link for you to a site that sells nice monogrammed bags: Shop for nice monogrammed items here
- Laura Mercier Ritual Blush Bronzer – As you know, this is one my favorite bronzers to use year round. I’m still on a quest to use the entire thing up. I’m almost there.
- It Cosmetics Eye Lift in a Tube – This is a great product to have because it has both the Bye Bye under eye concealer and and the Hello Light brightener in the dual ended tube.
- Avon CC Cream in medium – This applies more like a tinted moisturizer for me, which is my desired daytime coverage. Added bonus is that it has an spf of 50.
- Pur Cosmetics CC Cream in medium – This product is thicker than the Avon cc cream and gives more full coverage. I love that it has “good for my skin” ingredients and a spf of 40.
- MAC Cosmetics Nutcracker Sweet Copper Face Compact – So sorry, but I think this is sold out for a long time already. I just love the color of the blush and the highlight is perfect for that beachy glow.
- Beauty Blender – This is a must have for applying my makeup. I use it for everything from applying foundations to concealers.
- Lorac Unzipped Palette – This is one that I love to travel with. I create my daytime eyes and then add a little extra darkened outer corner shadow for the evening.
- MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly – This is a go to product that I use to prime my eyelids for shadow.
- Lancome Lash Primer – This is a sample size that I received somewhere.
- LORAC Pro mascara – This is a product that I purchased about a month ago and I love it for length and volume of my lashes.
- MAC eye Kohl in Smolder – This is a long time favorite eye liner. It’s perfect for tight lining, the waterline and lash lines.
- MAC Brow pencil in Stud – I admit that I used to forget to fill in my brows on a regular basis. However I have been doing it more and more lately and it really does make a world of difference to have sparse spots filled in.
- H&M Gossamer Lip stain in Gauzy Mauve – I love this stuff! It stays on for a long time and give shine rather than a matte look. It reminds me a bit of some of the YSL Glossy Stains.
- Buxom Full On Lip Cream in Dolly – I obviously have a thing for the Dolly color (see below)!
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipstick in Boy (yes it’s nearly the same shade as all the others pictured)
- Make Up For Ever Aquarouge waterproof liquid lipstick in #3 (Satin Soft Pink) – Stays on forever, but is dry feeling without the clear gloss applied on top of the stain.
- Buxon Full Bodied Lip Polish in Dolly – A little thick but one of their top-selling colors that I love.
- Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit matte lipstick in Rebel Rose – these inexpensive dug store products are actually quite nice. They don’t last super long, but that’s okay sometimes. I believe this collection is current, but is limited edition.
Okay, so I forgot to add a different color lipstick to my bag this time around. Every color that I packed is basically the same. LOL! A girl can never have too many mauvey pinks!!
Makeup Brushes (Left to Right)
- Makeup Revolution Oval Face Brush – This brush is perfect for blending in all face products from tinted moisturizer to full coverage foundations.
- Sephora Pro Smudge Brush #11
- Sephora Pro Bullet Crease Brush #86
- Sephora Pro Angled Liner Brush #22
- Wayne Goss Brush #05
- A no name shadow blender brush that I think I got in a monthly box
- Sigma Precision Round Brush #P82
- A no name angled face brush that I used for bronzer and blush
As you can imagine, I have a separate bag for my cleansers, serums, lotions and sunscreens. I thought I did well at minimizing the products that I traveled with. As a matter of fact, I’m getting in the car in a few hours to take a road trip to drop my son’s belongings off at his college and this bag is coming with me for this four day trip too.