Glasses draw attention to your face and your eyes making a big impact on your appearance. Wearing glasses shouldn’t limit your makeup application. Use the following steps to create beautiful looks that work well with glasses and may help you to feel more confident. Read on for my tips on makeup for ladies with glasses…
*there are some affiliate links used in this post
- For foundation, I prefer a matte liquid foundation or loose mineral foundation. One of my all time favorite mineral foundations is the Laura Mercier Loose Mineral Powder (my shade is Real Sand). Dewy foundation can often leave residue under eyes and the nose areas and cause some creasing. Opt for a yellow corrector for the under eye area to take care of the dark cast caused by the glasses and set with a mineral powder.
- Make sure to use a primer before makeup and a setting spray after makeup application to keep your makeup intact and stop the makeup from moving when you take glasses off or put them back on. I’m a long time fan of MAC Fix+.
- Apply bronzer on your cheekbones, side of the nose and top of the forehead. Use highlighter around the cheekbone and blush on the apple of the cheeks. This will make your face look more contoured.
- Go for warmer eyeshadow colors. Brown, olive and nude shades are good choices. Urban Decay’s Naked palette would be a recommendation of mine, hands down. A shimmery highlight can be added to the inner corner of eyelid (not glitter). Adding a colored liner to your waterline will make the eyes pop too.
- For eyeliner and mascara, to really make your eyes noticeable through your glasses, use your liner to make a winged or cat-eye look. This will create an illusion of a lifted, more youthful lid. If you can’t do winged liner, then “flick” your liner at the outer edge of the lash line to create a similar look. You’ll also want to use volumizing and lengthening mascara to emphasize your lashes. Before applying you may want to curl your lashes so they don’t hit your lenses. Apply two to three coats of mascara to make lashes really stand out.
- Some glasses will cover your eyebrows, while others will frame them. However, if you wear big, bold frames you might want to avoid heavy eyebrow makeup. Make sure they are nicely trimmed and shaped instead. Defined and arched brows are the right trend now. A few of my favorite brow pencils are the MAC brow pencil and the Anastasia Brow Definer.
- The same goes for those with naturally light hair or thinner eyebrows. You don’t want to fill in your eyebrows with a color that’s too dark or make them appear too full.
- If you wear smaller, subtle frames, fill in your eyebrows with your natural color. Using an eyebrow pencil or eyebrow powder and a thin brush, lightly fill in your eyebrows using short, dash-like strokes and follow the natural arch of your brow.
- It’s easy for a girl with glasses to get away with a bold lip color but If you have eye-catching eyeglasses and bold eyeshadow on, skip the bold lip and pair your look with a lip gloss or stinted lip balm. If you’re going neutral on the eyes you can go bright and bold with your lips. One of my favorite brands is Nudestix. They carry chunky style pencils in every shade from mattes to gel balms.
Do you wear eyeglasses? If so, tell me if you have any makeup tips for ladies who wear glasses in the comments below.
You can shop for some of the products here without leaving my blog!