Do you have a blog? Or perhaps you’re thinking of starting a new blog? I originally started my blog a few years back on the Blogger platform. I’ve since migrated over to WordPress and haven’t looked back. A self-hosted WordPress blog is the way to go (in my opinion and in that of many others that I know). Today’s post will cover some of my favorite WordPress plugins. These are for all types of bloggers, not just beauty bloggers. They are necessary to make your blog more efficient.
I’ve learned a lot about blogging in the past few years. The plugins that you use are extremely important to how your blog functions. I’ve tried many different plugins and have added and deleted many of them throughout the process in my quest for the best.
Without further ado, here is my list of my favorite WordPress plugins:
- Social Warfare: This is one of the best social sharing plugins that I know of. It allows you to add social sharing buttons to your blog. In addition, you can add different images in the correct sizes for all of the social media sharing. This plugin has a fee. I believe it’s $39 per year and SO worth it.
- Yoast SEO: A must have plugin for optimizing your posts. The plugin gives you a breakdown of each post and ways to improve your search engine optimization in an easy to understand format.
- Akismet: This is a great plugin for removing unwanted spam. My blog has a lot of attempted spammers trying to leave their URLs with their comments. I never even need to see these because Akismet takes care of them for me.
- WP Optimize: This plugin is great at removing unwanted revisions and data that might be slowing your site down. It’s easy to use. Everyone should have it.
- Revive Old Post: This is a plugin that you set and customize to retweet your old posts. After all, just because a post is not brand new, it doesn’t mean your information is obsolete. Get more traffic on your old posts with this plugin.
What do you think? Do you have any favorite WordPress plugins?
Be sure to subscribe to my blog for additional tips that I’ve learned through years of blogging, including more of my favorite plugins.
*affiliate link used